What ARE Willerby Innovations?
Willerby Innovations are a leading provider of innovative off-site modular buildings for the leisure, social and private housing, student and key worker sectors.
A division of Willerby Holiday Homes, founded in 1946, Willerby Innovations was established in East Yorkshire in 2009 as a business dedicated to the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality, innovative off-site modular timber frame buildings for the leisure, social and private housing, student and key worker sectors. With almost 70 years’ experience in the industry, at Willerby we pride ourselves on providing a personal level of service and achieving exceptional results no matter how challenging or unusual the project.
Manufacture of our modular solutions is undertaken within our specialist factory to the highest quality standards. By delivering fully-fitted modules to site, the need for diverse site trades is reduced and the programme is not compromised by adverse weather conditions; allowing occupants to move in sooner and financial returns to be maximised.
What are the benefits of Willerby Innovation Products?
- Our manufacturing process can reduce build time by up to 50%
- Our factory controlled manufacturing ensures the highest build quality at all times
- Factory manufacture can commence in parallel to preparing sitee
- Our off-site solution means your guests/residents can move in sooner, maximising your financial returns
- Using the Willerby Innovations design process, buildings are manufactured to tight tolerances yielding exceptional energy efficiency, reduced carbon emissions and reduced running costs
- With our integrated logistical solutions, modules are delivered ‘just-in-time’, reducing site storage requirements and improving security
- The solution minimizes site waste and transport movements by up to 90%
- With the highest level of off-site completion Willerby Innovations have minimized on-site safety issues
- Our off-site method reduces the need for diverse on-site trades and associated management and timing issues
- Deliveries and on-site vehicle movements are significantly reduced due to Willerby’s level of completeness
- The system can eliminate the need for costly scaffolding systems
- Our modular roofing solution can further reduce the build programme
- Timber is one of the most environmentally friendly building materials
- Timber is naturally energy efficient. Air pockets within timber's cellular structure create a natural barrier to heat and cold.
Once we have listened and understood your specific needs and challenges, we will develop a proposal based either on our standard products or a bespoke solution.
Once the proposal is accepted and the designs are agreed, we can commence manufacture. This runs in parallel with the enabling works on-site, reducing the overall program of works and therefore project costs - our manufacturing solution can save you up to 50% of the time compared to traditional construction.
Whilst in the factory, the modules are fully built, wired, plumbed and decorated, before being tested and approved for shipping via our transport team. We welcome factory visits to our site, where clients can see the manufacturing process in operation.
Upon arrival on-site our installation team will install and commission the homes, completing the final connections and finalising any snagging. This process takes about 24 hours and, after completion, the module is ready to be furnished and occupied.
All that remains is for any pathways, turf or fencing that is required to be installed. This is usually by the assigned principal contractor, whether that be Willerby Innovations or another.
Here are some videos of our products and recent case studies:
Corton Bay, Coastal Holiday Village
By replacing single storey chalets with factory manufactured 2-storey modules, a significant increase in revenue was achieved on the same footprint along with significant programme benefits and faster installation times enabling earlier occupation than with conventional build.
Alton Towers Enchanted Village
In total Willerby Innovations completed 122 unique single storey lodges at the Enchanted Village Alton Towers, providing significant programme benefits and enabling earlier letting
Willerby Innovations designed and installed 28 lodges for the Knight’s Village at Warwick Castle.
The Montana / Westport
The Montana and Westport offer a unique accommodation experience, providing a forest or beach style respectively. Both sleep 5 people (7 if you choose the sofa bed option).
The Hive Collection, the very latest product range to join our Willerby Lifestyle family, is hot off the production line and was officially unveiled at the Lawns Show in September 2016.